Right now everyone in the apartment has hit that late Sunday afternoon lull. The time when we remember that we all have work, projects, meetings and other important things to do starting again on Monday. The rest of this evening though is dedicated to social media, stumbling, silly movies and cookie baking (thanks Darcy!) This weekend is one of our last free ones before tour starts so we decided to have some fun.
Friday consisted of Nicole and me getting lost while attempting to see the Blue Stars sendoff performance. After getting lost in the fairgrounds and almost taking out a row of traffic cones, we managed to catch the last five minutes of the performance. I have a feeling that this season is going to be pretty fantastic and the oft repeated "What the f%$# Blue Stars?!" will be replaced with something along the lines of "Wow... that was freaking awesome."
Saturday was full of adventure. We journeyed to the incredibly delicious Flapjacks breakfast nook for...breakfast of course. After stuffing our faces with food stuffs, all the interns traveled to the DCI IT guy's house to watch the England vs. US football game. We got lost (of course) on our way there, but the party was low key and fun. He and his wife are both really nice people and had tons of food ready for us. There were even cats to play with! After the game some people went to the pool while others, myself included, opted for a nap. For the evening's adventure, we had decided to hit up downtown, but a typical Indiana rainstorm decided to unleash some rain right as we were about to leave. I learned that Indianapolis sounds tornado sirens to warn people when there's only a severe thunderstorm. No tornado. Just lots of rain. We almost chickened out, but decided to venture someplace a little closer to home to get a couple pitchers of margaritas. Even I drank some! After margaritas we all came back to the apartment and played some games and continued the party. My roommate Kayla and I had a chat and found out we have a lot in common. We took some silly pictures and I successfully fit all six of us in one picture. :)
Sunday, so far, has been really laid back. We were going to go see the Scouts rehearse, but like so many other weekends it didn't pan out. Instead we hung out at the pool for most of the afternoon and since then have been chilling in the living room. I get the feeling that everyone is worn out. I know I'll definitely be hitting the air mattress early tonight.
On Monday it's back to the grind. I have eight meetings throughout this week and as for projects I'm sure I'll be doing a little bit of everything since we're in crunch time before we kick things off with Louisville. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment